Tuesday, August 12, 2008
Originally taken from : http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/brownie-cupcakes?autonomy_kw=brownie%20cupcake&rsc=header_1 and modified by Joris' Kitchen :-)
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
8 ounces unsweetened chocolate, coarsely chopped
3 ounces chocolate chips
3 large eggs (I used 4 medium small eggs)
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp vanilla extract (I added this as I love the combination of vanilla and chocolate flavour)
1/8 teaspoon baking soda (I prefer using 1/4 baking powder)
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, (optional) - not use this
Nonstick cooking spray - nope
Mrs. Milman's Chocolate Frosting - I just ignore about the frosting, too sweet for our teeth.
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-count muffin tin with cupcake liners. Set aside.
2. In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and 8 ounces of chocolate. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat, and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar. Add flour, cocoa, and baking powder. Stir in the melted chocolate and vanilla extract until combined. Stir in remaining 3 ounces of chocolate and nuts if desired.
4. Using a 2-ounce ice cream scoop, fill cupcake liners 3/4 full with batter (2/3 full worked better for mine). Bake until a firm crust forms on the cupcakes, about 20 minutes (my otang took about 30 - 35mins to get them done). Remove to a wire rack to cool, about 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan, and continue to cool on a wire rack.
5. Ice cupcakes with a generous amount of chocolate frosting.
Label: CHOCOLATE CAKE