Tuesday, June 10, 2008
FRUIT PIE with CREAMCHEESE
Pie crust :
300 gr + 2 tbs all purpose flour
175 gr butter or butter + margarine/shortenin g 50:50 (chill it before using)
1 egg, lightly beaten
30 gr granulated sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1. Mix in large bowl flour, sugar and salt using whisk or finger
2. Cut in butter using fork, pastry cutter or knive, add in egg mix until dough holds together.
3. Wrap the pie crust in plastic wrap then place in refrigerator for about 30 minutes - 1 hour
4. Roll the ball of pie crust out until it is 3 or 4mm thick and you have about 24 - 25cm in diameter.
5. Put the circle in a 22-23cm (9 inch) pie plate, trimming any extra dough from the edges with a sharp knife. Return it to the refrigerator for at least 20 mins to chill the butter and rest the gluten.
6. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C. Line unbaked crust with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Fill tart pan with pie weights, rice or beans, making sure the weights are to the top of the pan and evenly distributed over the entire surface. Bake crust for 20 to 25 minutes until crust is dry and lightly golden brown. Remove weights and cool crust on wire rack before filling.
Cream Cheese Filling:
330 gr cream cheese
180 gr butter
180 gr castor sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
Mix all together until soft and creamy
To assemble pie :
Spread melted chocolate over the bottom and sides of crust to prevent the crust from getting soggy. Let the chocolate dry between 20 - 30 minutes. Spread the cream cheese filling and decorate the pie with any kind of fruits you desire and coat the fruit using glaze to make the fruits look shiny.